Every year, the Academy of Culinary Nutrition creates a digital cookbook with recipes made by the alumni Culinary Nutrition Experts.
This Chocolate Avocado Pudding aka Calming Choco-cado Pudding recipe by Jennifer Barr is one of the 40 recipes that can be found in the From Scratch 2018 cookbook. Jennifer Barr is a meal prep guru, you can follow her on Instagram @theplantedone.
My own chili recipe is also included in the cookbook, so be sure to check it out!
All, as in 100%, of proceeds from the sale of this digital cookbook go to a charity. This year our goal is to raise $10,000 for Organics 4 Orphans. Organics 4 Orphans works with African communities by educating locals on sustainable, organic agriculture so they can move their own communities from food reliance to a condition of self-sufficiency – even into surplus.
With your purchase of the From Scratch 2018 digital cookbook, you get 40 awesome gluten-free and dairy-free recipes, with vegan and paleo options and culinary nutrition tips too! You also get instant download upon purchase with pay-what-you-can pricing.Click here to get your From Scratch 2018 cookbook today!
P.S. Want to know why I loved the Culinary Nutrition Expert program? Read my CNE program review here.
Calming Choco-cado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados pitted and the flesh scooped out
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Small handful spinach
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 dates chopped and pits removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp calming Reishi or Ashwagandha powder (optional)
- chopped pistachios, cacao nibs, a little square of your favourite chocolate bar, extra salt or cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, except for the chia seeds, and blend until everything is full combined.
- Once combined, slowly pour the chia seeds into the food processor and pulse until they are mixed into the pudding.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once it has set, scoop mixture into 2 serving bowls and top with crushed pistachios, cacao nibs, cinnamon, sea salt and a square of your favourite cacao chocolate.