Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please read my full disclosure for more information.
Welcome! Here are some of my recommended kombucha resources.
I started brewing kombucha in 2015 and haven't stopped since.
Kombucha Brewing Guide
I wrote a Kombucha Brewing Guide for the Academy of Culinary Nutrition.
Online Kombucha Workshops
Learn how to brew kombucha with me. Join a live class via Zoom and I will share my tips and tricks for brewing success.
- Organic Green Tea: I use the Touch Organic brand. Available at well.ca in Canada.
- Organic Cane Sugar: I get the Kirkland Signature brand from Costco.
- Filtered / unchlorinated water
- SCOBY with starter tea: amazon.com | amazon.ca | OR if you're in Mississauga, ON, get one from me by porch pickup
- 1.9 L / half-gallon mason jars: Canadian Tire - Bernadin brand | amazon.com
- Thick weave dishcloth: to cover the jar
- Elastic: to hold the dishcloth in place
- Measuring cups
- Pot to boil water
For the second ferment
Other Supplies and Extras
- Glass straws: amazon.com | amazon.ca
- Wine Glass Writer Pens: amazon.com | amazon.ca
- Bottle Brush: amazon.com | amazon.ca
- pH Strips: amazon.com | amazon.ca
- Non-anti-bacterial Dish Soap: Unscented Company dish soap or any eco-friendly fragrance-free dish soap
- Hand Soap: diluted Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (recipe below)
- Berkey Water Filter: amazon.com | consciouswater.ca
- Strawberry Rhubarb Kombucha
- Orange Cardamom Kombucha
- Watermelon Kombucha Shake
- Pineapple Kombucha Green Smoothie
- SCOBY Fruit Leather
- Make Your Own Gluten-free Sourdough Starter with Kombucha
- The SCOBY Hotel Guide
Hand Soap Recipe
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap
In a soap dispenser, add water and castile soap. Shake to mix thoroughly.