Made with only 4 ingredients, these Raw Cacao Hazelnut Bites are such a yummy treat!
- naturally gluten free
- dairy free
- refined sugar free
- easy to make
- yummy and delicious
Do you have a favourite candy or chocolate bar? Every Easter, I used to indulge in those Kinder mini eggs. I even hoarded them because they only appeared in the stores during Easter time! Ha!
The ingredients of those eggs are: Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Milk Powder, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Lecithin, Vanillin), sugar, skim milk powder, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, anhydrous milk fat, soy and/or sunflower lecithin, vanillin. 29% milk ingredients. contains: milk, hazelnuts, soy.
I wanted to create a version without any dairy or refined sugar.
Only 4 Ingredients
Make these Raw Cacao Hazelnut Bites with only 4 ingredients: Medjool dates, hazelnuts, raw cacao powder and shredded coconut.
Let's Make the Bites
You will need a food processor or a high-speed blender. I use a Vitamix.
Add the hazelnuts and pulse or process until they are coarsely ground.
Add the pitted Medjool dates, raw cacao powder and shredded coconut. Process until thoroughly mixed.
Transfer mixture into a bowl.
To make mini balls, use a teaspoon to scoop out the mixture.
Using the palms of your hands, roll mixture into balls. You may opt to use a tablespoon to make larger balls.
Roll the balls in some shredded coconut if you wish.
There you have it, a delicious treat that comes together so easily. The hardest part is not eating all of them in one sitting! 😉
Let me know if you try this recipe! Please leave a comment or rating below.
Try my other gluten-free treats too:
- Crunchy Hemp Chocolate Cups
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Sourdough Muffins
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Have some more hazelnuts? Make some hazelnut milk!
Raw Cacao Hazelnut Bites
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 6 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1-4 tablespoon shredded coconut
- In a food processor or blender, add hazelnuts. Pulse or process until coarsely ground.
- Add pitted dates, raw cacao powder and 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut. Pulse or process until thoroughly mixed. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- To make mini balls, use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to scoop out the mixture. Using the palms of your hands, roll into balls. To make larger balls, use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon.
- Optional: Roll the balls in the remaining shredded coconut.