The Academy of Culinary Nutrition creates a digital cookbook for a cause every year (now 6 years running!) with recipes made by the alumni Culinary Nutrition Experts.
Photo and Recipe by Jennifer Barr
This Tie-Dye Tropical Chia Parfait recipe by Jennifer Barr is one of the 50 recipes found in the From Scratch 2019 cookbook.
Jennifer Barr is a meal prep guru and you can follow her on Instagram @theplantedone.
My own Roasted Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Soup recipe is included in the cookbook, so be sure to check it out!
All, as in 100%, of proceeds from the sale of this digital cookbook, go to a charity. This year the goal is to raise $15,000 for Organics 4 Orphans.
Organics 4 Orphans is a non-profit that works with African communities by educating locals on sustainable, organic agriculture so they can move their own communities from food reliance to a condition of self-sufficiency – even into surplus.
What do you get when you purchase the From Scratch 2019 digital cookbook?
- 50 incredible gluten-free and dairy-free recipes
- Vegan and paleo options
- Culinary nutrition tips
- Instant download upon purchase
- Pay-what-you-can pricing
- 100% of the proceeds go to Organics 4 Orphans
P.S. Want to know why I loved the Culinary Nutrition Expert program? Read my CNE program review here.
Tie-Dye Tropical Turmeric Chia Parfait
For the chia pudding:
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- toasted buckwheat and shredded coconut for garnish
For the layers:
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Place pineapple into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Place the pineapple and all remaining chia pudding ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Once the chia pudding has sat overnight, get your favourite glass jars ready for layering. Put a layer of pudding, followed by the coconut yogurt and then the fruit. Repeat the layers again, ending with the fruit. Top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut or toasted buckwheat if desired.