I had to jump on the bandwagon and create a gluten-free banana bread recipe. 🙂
This recipe is:
- gluten-free (make sure to use gluten-free oats)
- easy to make
Ripe bananas. Those overripe bananas are perfect for this recipe. Even a few brown spots or many.
Oat flour. I've found that oat flour gives a very light crumb to gluten-free baked goods. Make sure to use gluten-free oats. Oats are naturally gluten-free, however, they can be contaminated when they are processed in the same facility as wheat.
Make your own oat flour
If you don't have oat flour, just get some gluten-free rolled oats and place them in a food processor or blender to grind them into oat flour.
Eggs. Get pastured eggs if you can. (Make it vegan and use psyllium powder instead.)
Coconut oil. Use virgin coconut oil, the less processed the better.
Honey or maple syrup. Use raw, unpasteurized honey or maple syrup.
Dairy-free milk. I've used hemp milk, cashew milk, coconut milk. Any type of dairy-free milk should work for this recipe.
Baking powder and baking soda. To help the bread rise.
Sea salt. To enhance the flavors in this bread.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs (if using), dairy-free milk, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract. Mix everything until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients: oat flour, psyllium powder (if using), baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly to combine everything.
You can also fold in some walnuts or chocolate chips if you'd like.
Pour into your loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you're using a mini loaf pan, bake for 25 minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this gluten-free banana bread recipe. Please leave a rating or comment below!
You may also want to try my other gluten-free recipes:
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 2 bananas ripe
- 2 eggs or 2 tsp psyllium powder
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs (if using), coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the oat flour, psyllium powder (if using), baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Fold in the optional walnuts or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Gently pour the mixture into the lined loaf pan. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the bread is done, remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
- When using a mini loaf pan, bake for 25 minutes.
- Non-dairy milk options: hemp milk, cashew milk, coconut milk
- Make this vegan: use psyllium powder instead of eggs and maple syrup instead of honey